Participation in the "boot Video Award" video competition on www.award.boot.de and the organisation of the same are subject to the following conditions. Participation is only possible online. For ease of legibility, neutral or masculine forms and personal pronouns will be used in these Terms and Conditions. Naturally this is intended to include the relevant feminine form.
(1) The video competition is organised by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
(2) Participants can take part in the video competition by registering at www.award.boot.de and submitting the video as a digital file via the internet portal www.award.boot.de. Entries must be submitted before the deadline stated in the competition details. Following initial registration, the participant will receive a confirmation via e-mail and must follow the link in the e-mail in order to verify his e-mail identity. Video uploads will not be confirmed via e-mail. Responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of his details, in particular his e-mail and/or postal address, rests with the participant.
The electronic recording of receipt at www.award.boot.de facilitates monitoring of whether deadlines have been met. Once approved, the videos will be stored in the "My videos" area by the award team. The participant can log in to this area to view or delete them. The database for this is stored on the video server of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
(1) Participation is open to those aged 14 and over.
(2) In order to participate in the video competition the participant must ensure that all personal details provided are accurate. Responsibility for this rests with the participant. In the event that false information is provided, the participant may be barred from taking part in the competition.
(1) Every video must be submitted in digital video format via the online form on the internet portal www.award.boot.de. The compulsory information required on the online form must be completed in full. Participants must have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions of Participation.
(2) The videos submitted must not exceed three minutes in length. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to truncate the material, especially if it exceeds the prescribed length.
(3) Participation is only possible via the online form. Entries submitted by alternative means are not permitted and will not be returned.
(4) JEvery video submitted via the online form will, once published, be available on www.award.boot.de. However, no right to insist upon publication exists.
(5) During the file upload the details required for registration - name, surname, e-mail address, video name, video headline, a description of the video and the date of upload - will be linked to the file and it will be stored in this way in a special database by www.award.boot.de. The information will be entered into the relevant fields on the form. Notwithstanding the provisions under § 8, participants agree to the use and storage of their data for the purposes of this video competition and a subsequent advertising campaign.
(6) The winners will be informed by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH in writing through the post and/or via e-mail and their names may be published on www.award.boot.de and/or the website of the relevant cooperation partner and in all social media channels. The winner explicitly consents to his details being published in this manner. The winners of the first prize in all categories will each receive a Splash Drone "AUTO". The second and third-placed competitors will be awarded material prizes such as action cameras.
The copyright for the work produced by the participant (in particular video and audio submissions) is retained by the participant. The participant hereby grants to Messe Düsseldorf GmbH for its business purposes and for the purposes and aims described in these Terms and Conditions an exclusive right, unrestricted in terms of region, time-period or content, to use in its tangible form or otherwise publish in an intangible form those works which were produced by him in the context of this contract and for which he holds the copyright (usage rights). Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is entitled to grant these usage rights to third parties (i.e. its cooperation partners) and to edit, supplement or otherwise amend the works.
Insofar as the participant makes use of works by third parties which are protected by copyright, he shall acquire the rights listed above, which shall, likewise, be granted to Messe Düsseldorf, or he shall register the use of such works with the relevant body for licensing (e.g. GEMA (Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte) for musical performances within Germany). In the event that the use of these works by Messe Düsseldorf gives rise to claims by third parties - in particular through an infringement of copyright or the general personal rights of a third party - the participant shall indemnify Messe Düsseldorf against all liability. In the event that Messe Düsseldorf is notified that a third party's rights are being infringed by a video which has been uploaded, the video uploaded by the participant may be deleted.
Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to suspend or terminate the video competition at any time without prior notice and without stating its reasons. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall apply this right in particular if the proper execution of the competition cannot be guaranteed for legal or technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or hard and/or software faults). Insofar as such a termination is caused by the behaviour of a participant, Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall be entitled to demand compensation for any damages incurred from that person.
Messe Düsseldorf GmbH accepts no liability for the loss of or any damage to the videos submitted.
(1) The videos submitted in the context of this competition must not be in any way obscene, insulting, defamatory, ethically shocking, pornographic, unsuitable for minors, racist, xenophobic, extreme right-wing, nor may they incite hatred or violence or harass particular individuals or groups or be in any other way objectionable. Uploading such videos may result in the participant being barred from participating in the video competition.
(2) Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to delete videos either prior to or after publication without stating its reasons.
(1) Messe Düsseldorf's data protection provisions apply for participation in the video competition. Registration on www.award.boot.de and acceptance of Messe Düsseldorf's data protection provisions are prerequisites for participation in the video competition. The participant is free to revoke the right to use his data at any time and thereby to withdraw from participation. Our data protection provisions, including details of the right of revocation, are available here.
(2) If the video is published as part of the video competition (reporting on the same, award of prizes etc.), the data provided by the person who submitted it will be passed on to third parties such as magazine editors or exhibition organisers. The participant hereby explicitly consents to this.
No correspondence will be entered into.